Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Halloween quilt is JUST what I've been looking for!

It's boring to read about why someone hasn't blogged in ages.  I mean, just blog already, right?  So I will.  Once I've gotten back in the swing of things I'll write a little about the life changes around here in the last 3 months.  Suffice to say I have LOTS of time to quilt these days  :/

But enough of the boring...have you ever done a Halloween quilt?    Whims and Fancies is hosting a 31 day, Paper Pieced QAL.  And I have just the thing for it!!



I bought a nice fat quarter bundle of this fabric...mine has about 22 FQ's in it, but can you believe I can't find a single picture of the entire line??  It's called Matilda by Cosmo Cricket.  I got it from The Fat Quarter Shop for a song after Halloween last year.  70% off, I think.


I couldn't believe some of the blocks the host has designed, and can't wait to see the Something Wicked blocks.  Here is a  peek at one I found on her fb page:


OMG ... how does she think that stuff up??


So, want to join me in this?  I think it would be just as cute done in scraps chosen for their color and not the print, but I have been waiting for just the right idea to cut into this fabric and I'm excited. (I even bought 3 yards of that cute "Boo" fabric on the black background, above, for a backing ;)  How about you?  Wanna join me?  Check out their facebook page today, and hit Like to get notifications for the QAL!

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cool block - can't wait to see the Halloween ones!! :)

    ReplyDelete