Saturday, March 10, 2012

If I do say so myself...

Is this not just too stinkin' cute???  I absolutely love it.  It's a block for my Wonky Bee.  The Queen Bea (not a misspelling, her name is Bea, lol, although she pronounces it Bee-uh :) sent the pretty fabric out and requested a house on the block along with 'something else'.

 I LOVE my something else!!!


I also put some stitching in the windows after I photographed them...I forgot until I saw the pic!  The color is bad in the photos...I don't know why - I took this one below just a half hour before.  Sigh.




I also finished the stitching on the Chinese checkers block, but will take a photo tomorrow in the light.  And I designed a block, I think... at least, I haven't seen it anywhere else but you can't really say you 'designed' a bunch of squares and lines together, can you?  I read what my friend Sunni had to say on her blog about this subject earlier...well, what those commenting had to say really, not Sunni... and agree that there really just isn't any such thing as a new block left outside of those picture type paper-pieced blocks.  Still, I'm kind of liking it and even if it turns out there are quilts full of the block out there I still think I like it.  I'm going to piece one together tomorrow and I'll post it.   Tomorrow I'll also be working on the BeeJeebers March block - a gorgeous scrappy HST star - and an equally gorgeous red, white and blue paper pieced star for my friend Cindy who is queen bee of the March Stash Bee.  I'll be back to report on how it all went tomorrow night. 

8 comments:

  1. I love the house it is very whimsical. The light can be alot of things. Try to go outside with the sun shining on your back as you take the picture. Make sure when taking pics inside use a solid bacground and no overhead lighting. This will cause your camera to register that it needs to flash. Then snap a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house turned out perfect! I love the line of laundry--what a nice touch!

    I haven't started my Beejeebers or Stash Bee blocks yet. Tomorrow will be crazy since the kids were up late tonight for the church talent show and then church tomorrow morning with one less hour of sleep...it's a recipe for a hard day!

    Good luck with your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie!! I know exactly what you mean, about the combo of kid's activities and the stupid daylight savings time, lol. I'll look forward to seeing your blocks :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh I love your block...it is beautiful! The laundry is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I was ridiculously happy with it, lol

      Delete
  4. Really cute - and you are right about nothing really being new, unless you go and discover some whole other planet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What talent you have Lisa! Love your block. Can't wait o see the board game block.

    ReplyDelete