Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I cut the Kona white

I didn't start the tree, but I did cut into the Kona white to begin my Stash Bee block. It felt silky, and soft. :)


I also cut and made the binding for my runner, and took a few photos to post over at the Fresh Squeezed Sew Along Flickr group.


Pretty greens... (you can see a little bit of the binding at the bottom, I just pinned it over a little so it would show in the photo). OH! Can you see the little leaf pattern I FMQ'd on the sashing between the blocks? It's some of that pattern from SewCalGal's FMQ Challenge. But since I jumped in instead of warming up with a practice piece, it's fairly mediocre ;)


Reds and pinks....


And yellows. The binding I decided on is a white with a small black print of pin-dots and flowers.



I did the machine sewing part, but still need to do the hand stitching on the binding. I always feel a sense of accomplishment when I do that, but put off doing it. Isn't that weird? I have this one really pretty baby quilt I made, a stacked coin made with a rainbow of batiks. I knew exactly what I wanted for the binding...an orange with small white polka dots...and it took me a stupidly long time to find something so simple. But then I finally did, over a month ago, and where do you think it is? Exactly. On the shelf right above my scrap bins, lol. What the heck is keeping me from cutting it up and sewing it on? I'm a goof.

1 comment: