Thursday, February 23, 2012

Anyone have a baby girl / granddaughter on the way?

I couldn't believe when I saw this...usually $270, the Denyse Shmidt baby crib set - quilt, bumpers and pillow sham - in pink "no strings attached" design is on clearance, only $50.  Makes me wish I had a baby girl to buy for!!


I am finishing up my FMQ of the Unwind / Stitch in Color quilt tonight.  During breaks I've been playing with some Circle of Flying Geese paper pieced blocks, working with some color ideas and a small wandering swirl of geese on the back...pics of that soon.  If it comes out like I envision it, it will be fantastic!  I've been working on a few other things too and I'll try to update on those tomorrow if possible.  Until then, here is a look at my first item done as part of the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild.  It's the first of a 4 block BOM, called Shooting Star.  I had a lot of fun making it. The fabrics are from the Habitat line by Jay McCarroll , donated by Free Spirit Fabrics.  They feel lovely and soft. The background is Kona, I think it's either Sand or Natural...can't remember which.  The block itself was easy and went together well.  The tutorial for it was very well written!  I can see this as a part of a cool star quilt, can't you?

Hopefully I'll be back soon with the finished Unwind / Stitch in Color quilt :)

1 comment: