I started out Saturday morning with some yummy banana-nut and blueberry muffins and a stack of quilt blocks. My daughter (who will be 11 on Thursday) whipped up a little breakfast for everyone. It really doesn't get much better than this!
I really liked using the Lazy Angle ruler. It was quick and easy to use, and I'll be using it again soon on another pattern that I bought last month. I did find out that you have to use a REALLY scant 1/4" seam when sewing the colored strips together. I had to do some tricky sewing to get all the seams to line up. But I'm so happy with the top.
My mom was my quilt holder for this one, but she'd only do it if I promised not to show any part of her, lol. I'm hoping she won't notice the 4 fingers on the left ;) After the top, I pieced some of the leftover scraps for the back and then set them aside so I could get a couple other projects finished.
First up was these cute Valentine tea bags. I used my favorite fruit teas and made little heart bags out of muslin and embroidery floss. I'm going to send them to my son and his girlfriend along with some other V-day gifts. All I have left to do is the tags. I want to draw a little heart on them with a red sharpie. What do you think?
After that I worked on the February bee block for the Wonky Bee. Jodi asked for some wonky strip blocks using strips she sent, plus some brights of our own.. I might have used some of these
I made two of them.
My next project was Valentine's cards for my two youngest to give their classmates. I cut out some hearts from my red scrap bin, and I cut up some heavy watercolor paper to make the cards.
Then I free-motion quilted/sewed the hearts to the cards.
They are just plain cards...not the folded kinds that you open. I figure they can write the To/From stuff at the tops, and I bought a couple of bags of Reese's heart candies so they can tape a piece to the bottom of each one.
To round the night off, I put together my February Stash Bee blocks. Samantha asked for Pineapple blocks made with blacks and reds. I've never tried a Pineapple block before. I was pleased with the way they look. But they are very time intensive so a quilt made out of them would have to be one of those where you make a few blocks here and there til you have enough. I thought that made it a GREAT choice for a bee quilt!! I made 2 blocks, each different. I'll post a pic tomorrow when the light is better.