Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A couple of finishes...

Well, after my disastrous first attempt at a tree block for Sunni, I still had to think of a second one for her. So I took some inspiration from the movie my kids have been talking about non-stop for the last several weeks...The Lorax!!! So here are Sunni's Truffula Trees. I really hope she likes them!


I made a little signature block for her, too. There were several ideas posted on the Stash Bee blog, but my printer wasn't working so I just drew it out freehand and then paper pieced it. I like how it came out, with the little heart <3


And one more finish. I has SUCH a good time making this block for Georgia in the Wonky Bee. It's called Wonky Triangles, and it was so quick and easy to put together. I really think her quilt is going to be fantastic when she gets it all finished. I think they look like sailboats. It's a big block, and all of them put together will look so cool. This pic here is after I did the triangles, but before I pieced it together. I forgot to take another one after I was done.


Everything is off in the mail and good thing because I have to get started on February's, hahahahaha. Can't wait! Although I'm a little nervous about the new Bejeebers Block. I have to make a board game block, lol!!!!

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your finishes! They look great. The LORAX is one of my all time favorite Dr Suess books. :) Those Triangles are going to look awesome.. I am excited to see what we get next in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these trees to bits ... and the wonky triangles are great!
    Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But those trees! Those trees! Those Truffula trees!
    All my life I've been searching for trees such as these!
    Great job - they are fab-o.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa ~ I received your wonky block and it's awesome!! I'm so excited to put these all together. I love getting mail from "Georgia" :) Talk to you soon, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recognised your truffula trees straight away! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete